Sunday 28 September 2014

I earn SGD. How much should I bring to Malacca?

############################### 2 DAYS / 2 NIGHTS ###############################

Now, if you are looking to come to Malacca on a monthly basis to escape your workaholic boss, SGD250 ( about RM600 based on the exchange rate of 2.4 ) per person should be able to get you a two-way Singapore << >> Malacca bus ticket and two decent hotel nights stay.

As hotels usually provide breakfast, you would only need to spend an ADDITIONAL SGD50 ( about RM125 based on the exchange rate of 2.4 ) on 2-3 other meals. The POSB ATM card can be used at almost every Malaysian ATM machines in Malaysia.

Local entrepreneurs here do not practice the NETs debit card system. Many also do not have credit card machines as paying the banks interest will cause them not to earn much or not earn at all. So, it will stop you from making any impulse purchases till you find a money changer.

###################################### FAQ ######################################

Q: Wow, travelling to Malacca only takes RM300 for 2D/!N? That's affordable and I can spend more than that! I'm a non-Malaccan working at Singapore in the retail sector. How do I travel to Malacca in one day? I follow the mall's opening hours 9.30am - 9.30pm daily with an irregular rest day a week. As it is the retail sector, I'm only allowed to go on leave if it's the festival I celebrate and I can only choose one festival although I'm a CHRISTIAN CHINESE and my colleague is a CHRISTIAN INDIAN. My employer follows the minimum guidelines of 14 rest days but I have to go back to Pahang for festivals and weddings as I come from a very traditional family. 


A: Uhhhh....uhhhh...You have no choice but to follow your family's wishes and PAP's foreign labour policies as well as the industry's way of doing things.


                                                                 *****

Q: Wow, travelling to Malacca only takes RM300 for 2D/1N? That's affordable. I'm a non-Malaccan working at Penang in the retail sector. How do I travel to Malacca in one day? I follow a family business opening hours 9.00am - 6.00pm Mon-Fri with half day 9.00am-1.00pm on Saturday. As it is the retail sector, I'm only allowed to go on leave if it's the festival I celebrate and I can only choose one festival although I'm a CHRISTIAN CHINESE and my colleague is a CHRISTIAN INDIAN. Occasionally, I have to stay back to work extra with no time-off but I don't work on Sundays at all. My employer follows the minimum guidelines of 12 rest days but I have to go back to Pahang for festivals and weddings as I come from a very traditional family. 

A: The morning bus from Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal takes 10 hours or more while the night bus from Sungai Nibong Bus Terminal which starts at 11.00pm, takes about 6-8 hours. However, I have reached Malacca as early as 4.30am before and it's very dangerous because someone pretended to be my father and called me from a distance to walk to his car. In this case, it's better to find a hotel which is able to provide you a hotel limo service from Melaka Sentral. 


Q: If I reach the hotel at 5.30 or 6.30am, it would be a waste to check-in!!!

A: Well, hotels in Malacca have no lobbies for you to sleep-in. If you are still wide awake and not suffering from fatigue plus you have no special dietary requirements, the best thing to do is to have a dim sum breakfast followed by a hotel massage and facial. That's how you can spend the RM200+ you are trying to save. However, there is no good dim sum shop near a hotel as rental is too expensive for the dim sum shops to survive.


Q: You still haven't answer me how to travel to Malacca from Penang in a day...

A: Of course Malacca City answers don't make sense because travelling from Penang to Malacca takes 3 days 2 nights....hardly anyone can travel in 1 day or 2D / 1N while going back to work the next day to continue working the next 5.5- 6 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment